Monday, February 16, 2009

E-Book Reader Optimized Newspapers

One of many interesting user comments and feature requests accumulating at FeedJournal’s UserVoice page is to better cater for e-book readers, such as the Amazon Kindle, iRex iLiad and Sony Reader Digital Book devices. With today’s update to FeedJournal Reader it is even easier.

Those among us who read our FeedJournal newspaper on an e-book reader are prime examples that FeedJournal does not have to be consumed as a “dead-tree” newspaper.

Today’s update provides optimized page sizes for the most popular devices. Just log in to the Reader service (or create a free account if you are not yet registered) and set the newspaper page size to be optimized for your e-reader model in the Edit Profile page.

I plan to soon roll out many more features targeting e-book readers, so make sure you vote for the features that are most important to you!

If your device of choice is not listed, please let me know and I will add it ASAP.

For your reference, I am including a table of the optimal full-screen reading pixel resolutions for the most popular e-book reader devices. I never managed to dig up a similar table myself in my research, so I hope it will be of use to someone.

Gadget Optimal Width (pixel) Optimal Height (pixel)
Amazon Kindle 525 640
iRex iLiad 768 940
Sony Reader 584 754

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean requests are accumulating for eReader support? How can you go an upgrade for people to read on an eReader but not make it so I can have my newspaper automatically generated and sent to me via email (204 VOTES) or cover more than 8 stories per feed (60 VOTES)? You guys seem to be the only one's interested in the Kindle (3 VOTES). It only had 3 votes on the vote page and for the highest rated item you ask what would be best for Kindle users.

    ReplyDelete